Africa Cup of Nations 2021 TV Rights (Worldwide)
January 1, 2022 | Football, TV Guide | No Comments|
Africa Cup of Nations is the most prestigious soccer competition of African continent featuring 24 national teams. The competition is shortly known as AFCON or CAN. The 33rd edition of the competition will be hosted by Cameroon in 2022. In fact, the tournament was originally scheduled to be played between June and July, 2021 but the unfavorable climatic condition forced the authority to postpone the competition to January-February of the next year (2022). Africans do have intense affection for the game of football and the competition often provides much entertainment. In this content, we will list out the broadcasting TV channels and online streaming sources of this competition.
AFCON 2021 Broadcasters List:
|Country or Region||Broadcaster|
|North Africa (Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Mauritania, Chad, Algeria, Djibouti, Comoros, Sudan, Somalia)||beIN SPORTS|
|South Africa||SABC, SuperSport|
|Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Socotra, St. Helena and Ascension, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe)||SuperSport|
- Viewers from North African countries can enjoy the AFCON 2021 actions live through beIN SPORTS networks channels.
- South African watchers have got 2 options to watch the competition matches. They can catch the actions either through SABC or SuperSport.
- SuperSport will be the broadcasting partner in other Sub-Saharan countries.
|Country or Region||Broadcaster|
|United States of America||beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Espanol|
|United Kingdom (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland)||Eurosport|
|Austria, Germany, Italy||DAZN|
|Middle East (Iran, Lebanon, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, Iraq, Qatar, Syria, United Araba Emirates, Palestine, Yemen, Bahrain)||beIN SPORTS|
|New Zealand||beIN SPORTS|
- beIN SPORTS broadcasts the competition games in many parts of the world including United States, Canada, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
- Popular over the top streaming service DAZN broadcasts the matches live in Austria, Germany, Italy, Japan and Brazil.
- Eurosport broadcasts the matches live in UK and Ireland.
Online Streaming Sources and Costs:
- US based viewers can catch the AFCON 2021 actions through live streaming via various online streaming platform. Among them Fanatiz is the cheapest option to stream the encounters. The service provides both the English and Spanish language commentary version of the matches and charges only 7.99 US Dollar per month.
- fuboTV also gives access to beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Espanol through it’s family plan and costs 64.99 US Dollar per month.
- Sling TV Blue and Orange users can catch the actions by adding on “Sports Extra”. The standalone Sling Blue or Orange package each costs 35 USD per month while the Sports Extra costs 11 USD more.
- Watchers from Sub-Saharan African countries, can catch the actions online through SuperSport Live Mobile App.
- Bet365 users can also watch the matches live from various part of the world, without paying any extra money, just by depositing 10 USD or more in their Bet365 account. The fund is not charged by the platform for watching any game and in stead, it is used for gambling purpose.