Where to Watch NASCAR Live on US TV
NASCAR is the abbreviation of National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. It is an US based auto racing sanctioning and operating company which organizes auto racing events. More than 1500 races at over 100 tracks across USA, Canada, Mexico and Europe are sanctioned by the alluded company. According to stats, around 3 million followers enjoyed the NASCAR Cup Series in 2019. In this content, we will discuss in details about where to and how to watch and stream NASCAR Races live in United States and Canada.
Which Channels to Broadcast NASCAR Live on US TV?
The broadcasting rights of all the NASCAR events are currently shared by Fox Sports and NBC Sports networks. NASCAR and Fox Sports Media Group reached an agreement during October, 2012, which costed the FSMG 2.4 billion USD and handed them 8 years broadcasting right through to 2020. However, less than a year later, on August 1, 2013, the two companies made another agreement which extended and expanded the contract. The deal made the FSMG pay an additional 1.4 billion USD but guaranteed them the right for 4 more years, up to the end of 2024 campaign. Another rightsholder NBC Sports Group ensured a 10 years broadcasting right during July, 2013. The deal which would last a decade, worth 4.4 billion USD and ensured the right to the NBC Sports Group until 2024 season.
NASCAR Cup Series:
The Cup Series is the highest level of professional competition in this sport. It is not only the most popular series but also the most profitable one as well. The series features as many as 36 races and contested over 10 months period.
Cup Series on Fox:
- Among the 36 races, first 16 races are available through Fox Sports networks.
- Fox televises the most of them, as many as 10 in number.
- The other 6 races are available live through Fox Sports 1. The cable or satellite television channel also airs the Busch Clash, Bluegreen Vacations Duel as well as NASCAR All Star Race.
- Spanish language users can enjoy multiple races in their first choice language through Fox Deportes.
Cup Series on NBC:
- The Final 20 races of the series are broadcast through NBC Sports group channels.
- NBC televises 7 races. Among them Coke Zero Sugar 400 and Dixie Vodka 400 are mention worthy.
- NBCSN airs the most number of races, 13 specifically.
- However, sometimes there are conflicts with other sports, on those occasions the scheduled NBCSN races are aired through either CNBC or USA Network.
- Multiple races are also available in Spanish language version through the network’s Spanish specialty services Telemundo or Universo.
NASCAR Xfinity Series:
Xfinity Series refers to the 2nd highest level of professional NASCAR Competition just following the Cup Series. The series features 33 races per season.
Xfinity Series on Fox:
- Fox Sports networks owns the broadcasting right of the opening 14 races of the series.
- However, all the Fox owned races are broadcast through Fox Sports 1.
- If there’s any case of sports conflict on FS1, the races move to the Fox Sports 2.
Xfinity Series on NBC:
- The broadcasting right of final 19 races of the series is owned by NBC Sports Group.
- NBC televises only 4 races per season.
- The other 15 races are aired through NBCSN.
- In case of sports conflict on NBCSN, races move to either CNBC or USA Network.
NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series:
The Camping World Truck Series regarded as one of the 3 national divisions of NASCAR along with Cup and Xfinity Series.
- Fox Sports networks are the lone broadcasting rightsholder of the alluded series.
- Only 2 races are aired through the Fox.
- All other races of the series are broadcast through Fox Sports 1.
- Viewers may have to turn on Fox Sports 2 or Fox Business in case of sports conflicts on FS1.
- 8 races from the ARCA Menard Series are available through Fox Sports network. FS1 televises as many as 7 races while only 1 race is available through it’s sister channel FS2.
- ARCA Menard Series East and West select events shown as a delayed coverage in a 45 minutes highlights on NBCSN.
- MavTV shares the broadcasting right of the 12 ARCA Menard Series races along with NBC Sports Gold TrackPass.
- NBCSN also televises the delayed coverage of the select events of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour as a 45 minutes highlights.
- NASCAR Peak Mexico Series races are broadcast through NBCSN.
- National series and Toyota (Mexico) Series events broadcasting rights are shared by Universo and Telemundo.
Chart of NASCAR Broadcasting TV Channels in America:
|Broadcasting Network||Broadcasting TV Channels||Available Races||Language Version|
|Fox Sports Network||Fox Sports||Cup Series (10 out of Opening 16 Races); Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series (2 Races)||English|
|Fox Sports 1||Cup Series (6 out of Opening 16 Races, Busch Clash, Bluegreen Vacations Duel, All Star Race); Xfinity Series (All 14 Races); Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series (All Races except Two); ARCA Menards Series (7 Races)||English|
|Fox Sports 2||Xfinity Series (if sports conflict on FS1); Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series (if sports conflict on FS1); ARCA Menards Series (1 Race)||English|
|Fox Business||Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series (if sports conflict on FS1)||English|
|Fox Deportes||Cup Series (Multiple Races from the Opening 16 Races)||Spanish|
|NBC Sports Group||NBC||Cup Series (7 out of Last 20 Races); Xfinity Series (4 out of Last 19 Races); NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and season ending banquets||English|
|NBCSN||Cup Series (13 out of Last 20 Races); Xfinity Series (15 out of Last 20 Races); ARCA Menards Series East and West, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour (Select Events as Delayed Coverage in 45 Minutes Highlights); Peak Mexico Series||English|
|CNBC||Cup Series and Xfinity Series (Select NBCSN Contents, if sports conflict on NBCSN)||English|
|USA||Cup Series and Xfinity Series (Select NBCSN Contents, if sports conflict on NBCSN)||English|
|Telemundo||Cup Series (Multiple Races from the Last 20 Races), National Series and Toyota (Mexico) Series Events||Spanish|
|Universo||Cup Series (Multiple Races from the Last 20 Races), National Series and Toyota (Mexico) Series Events||Spanish|
|MAVTV||ARCA Menards Series (12 Races)||English|
- Apart from these, American Forces Network provides live races from all the national division NASCAR competitions (Cup Series, Xfinity Series and Trucks) to the US Armed Forces around the planet.
How Can I Catch NASCAR Races Live Via Online Streaming in USA?
There are plenty of ways to catch the NASCAR races live through online streaming.
NBC Sports Gold TrackPass:
The service provides the users exclusive live motor sports events and galore of archived documentaries and films. It is the exclusive broadcasting source of select ARCA Menards Series events including ARCA Menards Series East and ARCA Menards Series West. It will also present you the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour exclusively. Moreover, the subscribers can also enjoy tentpole grassroot racing events, NASCAR Pinty’s Series through this platform. Apart from these, Cup Series and Xfinity Series practice and qualifying sessions (from the NBC’s broadcasting schedule) will also be available through the service. In fact, the TrackPass is the summation of IMSA, AFT and NASCAR Roots content. All these racing actions are available pretty much cheaply, as the package costs 4.99 US Dollar per month. However, the service also has an annual plan which charges 44.99 US Dollar.
However, the live NASCAR national series races won’t be available through the service. Which means users can’t watch the Cup Series, Xfinity Series and Gander Outdoors Truck Series via this platform.
If you’re only a NASCAR lover and don’t have interest on AFT and IMSA contents, then you can go for this service instead. The service will provide you the above mentioned NASCAR contents (mentioned in NBC Sports Gold TrackPass section) and won’t feature the additional AFT or IMSA contents. In exchange, it will make you pay lesser, as the monthly subscription fee is as less as 2.99 US Dollar per month. Meanwhile, this service is also purchasable on yearly basis. In that case, the subscriber will have to pay 19.99 US Dollar for 12 months lengthy service.
Chart of NASCAR Races Online Streaming Options in America:
|Online Streaming Source or Service||Available TV Channels||Available Races or Contents||Cost||Facilities and Setbacks|
|NBCSports.com or NBC Sports App||NBC Sports Group Channels||All the NBC Sports Group Channels Broadcasting Races and Contents||Requires TV Subscription to NBC Sports group Channels||Doesn’t Demand Extra Cost|
|Fox Sports Go||Fox Sports Network Channels||All the Fox Sports Network Channels Broadcasting Races and Contents||Requires TV Subscription to Fox Sports group Channels||Doesn’t Demand Extra Cost|
|NBC Sports Gold TrackPass||Select ARCA Menards Series, Whelen Modified Tour, Practice and Qualifying Sessions of Cup and Xfinity Series (from NBC’S half), Pinty’s Series, AFT and IMSA Contents||Monthly Subscription Fee 4.99 US Dollar, Annual Subscription Fee 44.99 US Dollar||Exclusive Broadcasting Source of Many NASCAR Events, Periodically Free Trial Given, Doesn’t Provide National Events|
|NASCAR Roots||Select ARCA Menards Series, Whelen Modified Tour, Practice and Qualifying Sessions of Cup and Xfinity Series (from NBC’S half), Grassroots Racing Events||Monthly Subscription Fee 2.99 US Dollar, Annual Subscription Fee 19.99 US Dollar||Exclusive Broadcasting Source of Many NASCAR Events, Very Much Cheap, Doesn’t Provide National Events|
|fuboTV||NBC, NBCSN, Fox, FS1||All the On TV Contents via both FOX and NBC Sports Networks||Monthly Subscription Fee starts from 59.99 US Dollar||7 Days Free Trial, Sports Friendly Source, All the Channels Available|
|AT&T TV Now||Monthly Subscription Fee starts from 54.99 US Dollar||7 Days Free Trial|
|Hulu+ Live TV||Costs 54.99 US Dollar per Month||7 Days Free Trial|
|YouTube TV||Costs 64.99 US Dollar per Month||7 Days Free Trial, Includes MavTV (Through Sports Plus)|
|Sling TV (Blue)||NBC (Select Markets Only), NBCSN, Fox (Select Markets Only), FS1||Sling Blue Standalone Package Costs 30 USD per Month ($20 for first month)||3 Days Free Trial, Comparatively Cheaper|
Where to Find NASCAR Races Live on Canadian TV?
Viewers in Canada can enjoy the NASCAR races live both in English and French language.
The most popular sports network in the country is the English language broadcasting rightsholder of NASCAR Cup Series and Xfinity Series races within Canada. The network also televises the Canadian circuit of the sport as well which is known as Pinty’s Series. However, the later mentioned series is aired generally in pre-recorded format.
RDS is definitely the number one French specialty service in the country and it broadcasts the French language version of the NASCAR races which are broadcast through TSN as well. However, the live broadcasting of the races are subject to other live sporting events.
Fox Sports Racing:
All the NASCAR Truck Series races are broadcast through Fox Sports Racing. Apart from these, practice and qualifying sessions across various NASCAR series are also aired through this channel. Typically, it simulcasts the practice and qualifying sessions through FS1 and FS2 during Fox’s half (opening part) of the campaign. The channel is available through so many cable and satellite TV providers in Canada. Satellite TV users can find it through both Bell Satellite TV (Ch-1421, HD) and Shaw Direct (Ch-336, HD).
NASCAR Broadcasting TV Channels Chart in Canada:
|Broadcasting Network||Available Races||Language Version|
|TSN||Cup Series (Live), Xfinity Series (Live), Pinty’s Series (Pre-recorded Format)||English|
|Fox Sports Racing||Truck Series (Live), Practice and Qualifying Sessions (Simulcasts through FS1 and FS2)||English|
- All the TSN contents are available through either TSN App or TSN Direct service. TSN App requires TV subscription to the network and doesn’t demand extra charge. TSN Direct doesn’t need cable TV subscription and can be purchased on diurnal, monthly and 6 months lengthy plans. The service charges 4.99 CAD per day, 19.99 CAD per month and 99.95 CAD for 6 months.
- RDS contents are available via RDS App and RDS Direct service. RDS App is similar to TSN App and needs TV subscription to it’s fellow network. While their online streaming service RDS Direct needs no cable connection at all and subscribers can purchase it by paying 4.99 CAD and 19.99 CAD for diurnal and monthly services respectively.
NASCAR On Radio:
Radio Lovers can enjoy NASCAR through the following networks:
Covers all the events of the NASCAR Truck Series. Apart from these, it also covers the Cup Series and Xfinity Series events at tracks owned by ISC, Dover and Pocono.
It covers the Cup Series and Xfinity Series events at tracks owned by Speedway Motorsports.
IndyCar Radio Network:
The network covers Cup Series and Xfinity Series races at tracks owned by Indianapolis Motor Speedway.