Bundesliga 2021-22 Prize Money

Bundesliga Prize Money

The Bundesliga is Germany’s primary football competition. The composition of teams changes every season throughout a process of relegation with the second division of German football. Seasons run from August to May. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays, with a few games played on weekdays. All of the Bundesliga clubs qualify for the DFB-Pokal. The winner of the Bundesliga qualifies for the DFL-Supercup.

Bundesliga prize money 2019-20 had announced a massive TV rights deal for 4 years from 2017-18 season to 2020-21 season. The DFL has announced the distribution of media revenues for the rights period of the

2021/22 to 2024/25 seasons. For the 2021/22 season, the DFL plans to distribute a total of around EUR 1.073 billion to the clubs from national tv revenue in the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga. There’s a theory of how the tv revenue is distributed among teams. German football TV rights money distribution is done with a pretty simple formula unlike the other three top European leagues.

In the next 4 years (2021-22 to 2024-25), the DFL calculates the following figures:

  • Season 2021/22: 1,073 Billion €
  • Season 2022/23: 1,121 Billion €
  • Season 2023/24: 1,165 Billion €
  • Season 2024/25: 1,212 Billion €

In 2021/22, the percentage distribution will remain in place. Specific way will be followed:

01.Equal Distribution 53% = €569 million

53 percent of all revenues will be distributed equally among the clubs within the leagues in the 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons.

  • Each club in the 1.Bundesliga is guaranteed to receive 24.7 million euros
  • Each club in the 2.Bundesliga is guaranteed to receive 6.9 million euros

02.Performance 42% = € 450.7 million

  • Separate 5-year scoring 24.5%

The revenues of the column, are divided in a ratio of approximately 81:19 percent between the 1. Bundesliga and the 2.Bundesliga. A separate five-year scoring is created where the past five seasons are scored.

  • Joint 5-year scoring 17%
  • Joint 5-year scoring 0.5%.

03.Young Talent 3% = €32.2 million

04. Interest 2% = €21.4 million

Each club plays every other club once at home and once away. Victory has been worth three points, while a draw remains worth a single point, and zero points are given for a loss. The club with the most points at the end of the season becomes the German champion. However, there are also three awards given throughout the tournament on a monthly basis. These are :

  • Player of the month
  • Rookie of the month
  • Goal of the month

Previous 4-year deal (2017-2021) with details:

Duration 4 years (starting from 2017-16 season to 2020-21 season)
Domestic TV Rights €4.64 billion (£3.6bn) – Confirmed
Overseas TV Rights €1 billion is expected from the oversees deal (yet to be announced)
% increase from last 4-year deal The new deal sees an 85% increase in the domestic tv rights money taking it to a massive €4.64 billion compared to just €2.51 billion from last deal.
Yearly distribution €5.5 billion will be divided into 4 parts and that takes a yearly TV money pool distributed to 18 clubs around €1.4 billion a year.
Distribution model 65% of the yearly pool is divided equally while the other 35% is divided according to league positions in the last 5 years.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *